I hope that you all had a happy and peaceful festive season. I can’t believe that it’s almost time to go back to school.
I decided to make some New Year’s Resolutions – not too many because it is always hard to keep them. We usually start off with such good intentions and then get lazy or we just can’t be bothered. In fact, a few weeks into the year it seems like most or all of them have fallen by the wayside.
I decided to keep mine really simple as well.
I’ve written them out and stuck them up on the wall by my bed – so I can remember them each day.
- Smile at a stranger every single day. (More than one is even better.)
- Be grateful for all the lovely stuff that I have (even if I sometimes wish I had something else).
- Be nicer to Mum and Dad. (I can only have one hissy fit a week.)
- Make friends with kids who look lonely at school.
- Save as much water as I can. (Turn the tap off when I brush my teeth.)
- Remind Mum to recycle more. (Even if it means taking stuff out of the trash.)
- Ride my bike to school at least 3 times a week
See! They are not really hard ones – are they? I should at least manage to do half of them.
The smiling stuff is really easy – and you know – people tend to smile back at you, which makes you feel good.
Number 6 might cause me to have some of my allotment of hissy fits with Mum. She gets fed up when I remind her to recycle – but I’m not ready to give up yet.
Number 7 might be a bit hard too, especially when it’s so hot. But the exercise is good for me and it saves my Mum petrol. Plus my friend Lizzie and I have great fun cycling to school. We are very careful because there are lots of hooligans driving around on the road who don’t always worry about bicycles.
They seem to think that we don’t have any right to be on the road – but we do. Although some cyclists just cruise straight through stop signs or red robots – they don’t bother to adhere to the rules of the road or traffic signs.
That’s just silly.
Hope that 2016 is a great year for all of us.